Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Edwards campaign bloggers

Man, I hope this isn’t true. I’ve been reading Amanda Marcotte at Pandagon since she arrived there. I have occasionally been annoyed by Amanda's posts about religion. But man, it never dawned on me that it was the slightest bit relevant to her employment with the Edwards campaign. She seems to be hard-working, adept at blogging, down with the Edwards agenda, etc. (The Edwards agenda includes support for women's rights and freedom of religion -- it may not highlight those issues but it encompasses them, I believe.)

Those are the relevant qualifications. I can't fathom her being fired due to exercise of her free speech rights as a private citizen prior to being hired by Edwards 08. Particularly with the impetus of an organized right-wing oppo campaign.

If Edwards is firing people, he ought to look at Jennifer Palmieri, if she really said to the New York Times that Edwards is “weighing the fate” of Marcotte & McEwan.

John, here’s what to say: “I don’t take advice on personnel matters from Mr. Donahue. In any case, they’re just words, ideas, opinions. Mr. Donahue shouldn’t be afraid of them.”


No comments: