Thursday, January 28, 2016

Reviews I Read, Books I Want





Noted in last Sunday's paper: In conjunction with the Civil War sesquicentennial, our state Archives engaged a writer/cartographer to do a coffee-table book treatment of the Civil War in North Carolina.  It's here.  It's real and it's spectacular.

Here we have a confluence of three things that have become of distinct interest to me in recent years: (1) maps, (2) the Civil War, and (3) acquiring the major works of N.C. history and geography.  So I think I'd like to get my hands on this.  Being that it's $85, though, I think I need to remember to ask for Christmas or my birthday...







The Old North State at War: The North Carolina Civil War Atlas
By Mark Anderson Moore with Jessica A. Bandel and Michael Hill
Office of Archives and History, North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources, 190 pages, $85
http://nc-historical-publications.stores.yahoo.net/

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/entertainment/books/article55479830.html#storylink=cpy

No comments: